Tuesday, May 4, 2010

cooler heads prevail

I've agreed not to think about leaving just because I'm trying to save him from something. Going forward, I'll discuss it with him, not run. Without physical touch or presence, he brought me back to him last night with a few simple, quiet questions that made me look at my logic, and realize it was flawed. Without directly saying so, he pointed out that in trying to leave so he'd be happier, I neglected to consider the fact that I make him happy.

He understands that he'll never have to fight for me against someone else's attentions, but that he may have to fight against my own fears and mistakes. And he's willing to, and I'm willing to fight against his.

"Would you really let go of what we have because of something like this?"

No, I guess I wouldn't.